- DH certified Lightweight Polymer Compound Shell
- In-moulded EPS + EPO impact foam for superior energy absorption
- 360-degree Turbine Technology – Reduces forces associated with concussion
- Maximized ventilation with 22 vents
- Removable mouthpiece ventilation cover and Fidlock magnetic closure system
- Dri-Lex® moisture-wicking, breathable, anti-odour and washable inner liner
- Optimal neck brace compatibility
- Visor with breakaway function for rotational reduction in a crash
- Certified and tested: AS/NZS 2063:2008, ASTM F1952-10, EN1078, CPSC 1203
- Weight: From 850g
LEATT MTB 4.0 Helmet Chilli
£199.99 ex. VAT
£199.99 inc. VAT
- Duologi 0% interest monthly instalment available for order above £1,000
- Klarna and Laybuy available for order below £1,000
- UK customers only, cannot be used in conjunction with discount codes
ASTM DH certified and stacked with head-protecting features, including 360-degree technology, the Leatt is ready to go on bike park loops, enduro races and the steepest and gnarliest of downhill trails.
- Weight: From 850g
Leatt MTB 4.0 Helmet
With a host of head protecting features, and ASTM DH certified, the Leatt MTB 4.0 Helmet is a tough and burly mountain bike helmet. It's tuned to keep you safe when taking on steep, fast and gnarly MTB trails.
When you're launching yourself down steep rocky chutes, whipping it over huge gap jumps, ripping over rooty singletrack and generally pushing and progressing with your mountain bike skills, it's a given that at some point you'll crash. And when that happens you'll be glad of the protection of the MTB 4.0 Helmet.
DH certified Lightweight Polymer Compound Shell
Head protection comes by way of a host of features. It starts with the DH certified Lightweight Polymer Compound Shell. This absorbs the knocks and scrapes you'd expect of regular mountain biking. This tough and durable covers in-moulded EPS + EPO impact foam. In the event of a crash, this combination does a brilliant job of soaking up and dissipating the harmful forces associated with head impacts.
The visor is also tuned for safety. It's designed to breakaway in the event of a crash, reducing rotational forces on the head and neck. Talking of the neck, this helmet is neck brace compatible.
360 ̊ Turbine Technology
The 360 ̊ Turbine Technology is focused on reducing the damaging effects of a crash on your brain. It works via 360 ̊moving discs, all made from an energy-absorbing material. These impart a reduction of rotational acceleration to the head and brain by up to 40%. The system also improves the absorption of impact energy - it reduces peak brain acceleration by up to 30% at the impact speeds associated with concussion.
When you're taking on challenging mountain bike trails and downhill races it's not just the safety features that will impress. Ventilation is also excellent. A total of 23 vents and inner air channels creates highly effective cooling airflow over your head. And for uphill pedals or when you want a boost to ventilation, the mouthpiece is also removable.
Getting sweaty is pretty inevitable though. And the moisture-wicking Dri-Lex® liner helps in this regard, keeping sweat away as you warm up. Being anti-dour and washable too, you'll enjoy freshness every ride. A Fidlock magnetic closure system makes securing the 4.0 super easy too.